Have you ever been in a situation where your project is going sideways, and you can’t seem to figure out why? As a Project Manager, it’s important to take responsibility and look in the mirror. Are you doing all the things you should be doing to ensure the success of your project?
The first step is to take an inventory of your process groups and isolate areas where you may be feeling uncomfortable. Here are a few examples:
- Scope: Does your team really understand what they are trying to accomplish? It’s important to have a clear understanding of not only the requirements but also the objectives and the bigger picture.
- Team: Do you have the right people with the necessary skill sets on your team? Are you missing any key players? Furthermore, do we have the right people in the right seats on the bus?
- Communication: Are you communicating effectively with your team and with the right people? Communication breakdowns can cause major problems in any project.
- Work Plan: Have you broken down the work to the right level of detail? Are things falling through the cracks? It’s important to have a detailed work plan to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
- Issues and Risks: Have you thoroughly identified both the issues and risks associated with your project? What are you doing about them? It’s essential to have a plan in place to mitigate any potential risks or issues that may arise.
Remember to take a deep breath and stick to your processes. Even the most troubled project can be resuscitated with the right approach.
Contact ClearPath Strategic today to help you answer these questions.